Tuesday, March 18, 2003

The Beautiful Day, and the Perfectionist

Well I think I rocked out the music history test. Not so great on the audition, but, what can you do

It was such a beautiful day yesterday. I love that first warm day after all of winter. I'm sure it's going to go back to freezing in a few days, but yesterday was great. I sat outside the music building and worked on my score study, not that I got all that much done, it was so nice that is became distracting. I really wanted to go rollerblading, but had to practice for my fast approaching recital, so I didn't bust out the rollerblades

It was St. Patrick's day yesterday and I forgot to wear green. I didn't know that you get pinched if you don't wear it, so at like 11:00 p.m. I found a green tank top to throw on. I did get to drink a shamrock shake!! On the way back from getting it I drove past the nickel, this bar just off campus, and it was packed. I think I'm glad I didn't go drinking for my first St. Patty's day being 21. Some of the people walking out looked a little bit ridiculous. Ok, really ridiculous

Today was a pretty good day. I was awfully tired, but I think I finally made a positive contribution to my score study class. I got practicing done, and as silly as it is, I got to wear my sandals 2 days in a row!! (It's really the little things in life.) And to top it all off, I didn't have any homework

I'm realizing more everyday that I am quite a perfectionist. I don't know why this is. I just feel like everything that I do has to be, well, perfect. I think this is really why I get so super stressed out over the stupidest things. For example, band arranging. I shouldn't know how to do this really well, that's why I'm in the class. However, I feel that everything that I turn in has to be flawless, which I don't think at this stage is possible, unless it's by accident. Maybe I should worry less about perfection, and try to just do the best that I can do. I'm not really sure if this will help me freak out less or not. I guess it's worth a shot

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home