And a little something political...
*hoping up onto soapbox*
All right, so no matter everyone thinks of gay marriage, how can it be right to put anything into the framework of our "free" country that keeps one certian group of people all across the country from doing something that everyone else can? Please let me know if you think you have an answer, cause I can't find a time when this country did anything like that and got a good result. Let's see, African-American's can't own land, women can't vote, no one can drink. All of these specifically stated limits have been overturned. To my knowledge (and I'm very serious when I say that I may be wrong) there is nothing in there right now that says you cannot (except if it's saying you cannot limit another person's freedoms, hmmm..). I guess I just don't think it's right to put anything into our country's most powerful, most highly-regarded document that excludes just one group from doing something. And I don't get why the government thinks it's so wrong anyway. Isn't that a church-type issue? (Again, if you have a differing opinon, please tell me, cause I really want to hear them. I haven't heard enough of them to understand it I guess.)
All right, there may be more about this later, and please feel free to inform me of your view, no matter what you think of what I have to say.
*stepping down*

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home