Tuesday, December 21, 2004

So I agree that people should be able to display holiday things in public places (so long as everyone has an opportunity to display things that have meaning to their religion as well). I guess I just figure if you strip away all of the reasons for this holiday season it's really just consumerism run amuck. But today I head something so assinine I felt like i needed to share it.

In a town in Oklahoma, the superintendant of a school district decided that the high school play could not feature a nativity scene during it. So, in response the voters in the town voted against a 10.4 million dollar millage to build an elementary school. Yeah, that'll show 'em. They don't let us have our nativity, we don't give our kids a new elementary school. I understand the idea that they were trying to make a stand, however, I really think there may have been a better way to do it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Xach said...

Conservatives can pull off even the most unthinkable of manipulations.

December 24, 2004 at 5:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home