The trees, just pay attention to the trees
This weekend was Southwind's last camp before the summer starts. It went great! We learned 43 pages of drill, and put the music with it. Best of all, it didn't look terrible! Overall it was a fun weekend, a little stressful and rushed, but it was fun. I think this is gonna be a good summer. Our show is fun, and I think people will like it.
We (the EMU crew) stayed in Lexington Sunday night instead of heading home. That was fun. Hanging out with all of these guys that know so much about drum corps, and just listening to the show with them, and hearing stories, it was great. I think Ivan and Mike own almost every show ever.
At dinner I was asked if I'd ever thought about teaching drum corps. I was so flattered to be asked that, but I'm not sure what I think of it. On one hand, it would be great! I'd get to see this activity that I love from another angle, see the corps get better every day. It'd be a way to continue on in the drum corps world besides just being a fan. It would be great teaching experience. There would be so many wonderful things about it. On the other hand, I kinda would like to stay home. I should really take some classes (I know, I know, don't rush through school, but I'm definately not doing that) and I'd like to see my Nana & Papas during the summer. Go up north, hang out at home. Who know, it's not like I have to decide any time soon, I mean I have to age out before I even can start wondering about this!
Yesterday Ryan and I went to Anne's for dinner. It was so good! And it was tons of fun. I met Anne's guy, Justin I think, and it was just cool to see her again.
Yahoo!! The matrix comes out on thursday! I think I'm going to see it on Saturday, after I go to get my eyes checked out (I really am going blind) and the to Ryan's concert.
I had a bunch of other stuff that I wrote out yesterday, maybe if I think of it I'll put it up.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home