Friday, May 23, 2003

Ok, well ignore the posts below I guess.

This morning I had this big rant about education and how we want our country to be better but school budgets keep getting but and I tried to post a link. Well, I guess I screwed up some how (but I can't figure it out, cause I'm pretty sure that I did it right) cause everything past the link disappeared. And I can't edit the post cause what ever I did screwed that up.

The school post was related to a story that I heard on NPR this morning. A school district in Oregon (?) is closing 4 weeks early due to budget problems. Easiest way to not go into the red it just to shut down. This way the operating costs will be limited and they won't have to pay their teachers. Great...

The other post that got partially cut off was this:

Ryan's concert was last night and it went great!!!! I'm so proud of him. They were definately the best middle school bands I've ever heard. Their percussion section played this great piece called 'fiddle faddle' while being accompanied by the band. They all did such a great job, and he did such a great job teaching them! I'm so proud of him. You can tell that the kids really like him. I don't know if he knows it, but the first time he was introduced, one of the bands that was sitting in the audience stood up for him. He did so great!!!!

G Jon got to hang out with Marcus Belgrave and a bunch of other jazz greats last night after the concert at the DSO. He even went out to an open mike night with them. I'm just happy that he didn't go into shock that they were talking to him!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home