Monday, April 14, 2003

Grrrrrr...

I am tired of big lumped in with rude people!! Today was the screening conducting day in Winds. This means that everybody getting ready to student teach in a semister or two conducts the band on a piece that they've been studying. It's the end of a three part exam. It's really a big deal, and pretty nerve racking since many of the people only get one shot at this before it's their semister to student teach. If you don't pass, you have to stay around an extra semister until you pass the tests. I think I've explained this decently, now on with my story...

Two of the people in my section proceded to talk all the way through this, even about the people that were conducting. So everyone that got done conducting walked out in the hall and complained to all of the other people screening that 'the horns were talking' and 'how are you supposed to cue the horns if they're not paying attention?' Wait a minute, I'm one of the horns! and I certianly wasn't talking. The one time I was it was to calm down someone who had gotten really upset over nothing, though it did no good and I just got told about how awful one of my good friends is. I'm tired of being put in the category of one of the horns who are always causing problems. I'm tired of my reputation being brought down by something I have little to no control over. I've learned to ignore them, but since I sit in between them somehow I'm guilty too.

I'm done ranting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home