Thursday, January 13, 2005

This student teaching thing just constantly leaves me feeling clueless. I'm always being asked questions that I have no idea what the answer to them might be. I really just feel kinda dumb. The kids ask me questions I can't answer, and so does my cooperating teacher. I mean, I know that's why I'm there, but I always feel stupid. Today after school I was helping a kid work on his sax solo, and my teacher came up and took over, and at that point I realized that I wasn't exactly teaching him the best way possible. It was the best way I could think of, but who knows. Anyway, I'm just frustrated and feeling clueless. Everyone keeps saying that I'm going to be a great teacher, but I really don't feel like it right now.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison...that still happens to me and I am a teacher. Not a day goes by that I don't second guess myself on something or think I left something out or things like that. It's a learning experience. My time at Chelsea last year was like that too. All I can say is that I agree with "everyone"...if you weren't feeling this way then you wouldn't be a great teacher. Great teachers know that they can always improve on something, no matter what it is, to help their students succeed to the best of their abilities. Sometimes it sucks and you feel like a loser, but its a lesson learned. With student teaching...take the coop teacher in stride. Compliment their suggestions and always smile...and when you get home cry, yell, drink, whatever to make you remember that one day that will be you and it's just the last hurdle you have to jump through to get there. I hope this helped and seriously, if you ever have questions just ask....teaching is awesome, but sometimes it has its moments! Peace out home skillet!
~Bekah

January 23, 2005 at 12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alison...that still happens to me and I am a teacher. Not a day goes by that I don't second guess myself on something or think I left something out or things like that. It's a learning experience. My time at Chelsea last year was like that too. All I can say is that I agree with "everyone"...if you weren't feeling this way then you wouldn't be a great teacher. Great teachers know that they can always improve on something, no matter what it is, to help their students succeed to the best of their abilities. Sometimes it sucks and you feel like a loser, but its a lesson learned. With student teaching...take the coop teacher in stride. Compliment their suggestions and always smile...and when you get home cry, yell, drink, whatever to make you remember that one day that will be you and it's just the last hurdle you have to jump through to get there. I hope this helped and seriously, if you ever have questions just ask....teaching is awesome, but sometimes it has its moments! Peace out home skillet!
~Bekah

January 23, 2005 at 12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well not that you need the self-esteem boost, but you are very patient and willing to learn, and learning is what you are primarily there for...teaching is the secondary...at least that is what i would assume. I don't doubt that you can be successful with this. I am sure you will make many students, families, and co-workers proud to have you as a music education teacher.

Keep on it!

Jes
(Mrkilt8020)

January 23, 2005 at 1:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well not that you need the self-esteem boost, but you are very patient and willing to learn, and learning is what you are primarily there for...teaching is the secondary...at least that is what i would assume. I don't doubt that you can be successful with this. I am sure you will make many students, families, and co-workers proud to have you as a music education teacher.

Keep on it!

Jes
(Mrkilt8020)

January 23, 2005 at 12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home