Today's thoughts and happenings:
1. I got a call asking if I'd like a long term sub position in Dearborn Schools. The first one was full time middle school choir. The second is a part time elementary school general music position. So, I figure that I'm going to take the elementary school job. And then when I call back I find that the elementary position has been taken (they didn't call human resources before they talked to me). So now I don't really know what to do. I do not know how to teach middle school choir. But it's a job, right? (Note: any advice left on this subject would be great)
2. I'm getting contacts on Thursday. Their hard contacts, so they'll take a while to get used to, but I get to get out of glasses!
3. So, I get these google web alerts every day, and I signed up for one about education, just to see what would come up. Today's had an article about the state of Connecticut suing the federal government over no child left behind, charging that it is an unfunded federal mandate (which it is). It was just a little snippet of an article, but it was interesting. Guess where this article came from. London. There wasn't any articles from the US about it. For some reason this really bothered me.
4. All right, so I just got a call from a school district that I interviewed with. He said I was the only candidate that they didn't send a no thank you letter to, cause he wanted to speak directly to me. So, he tells me that he's sure I'm going to get something. That I may have to struggle for a year or two, but something is bound to come up. Great... He did say to try and get a long term sub position, maybe even out of my area so that I can show that I'm just a good teacher. And then he tells me that I should put my portfolio in something nicer. It's in a $17 dollar leather binder. If anyone has any ideas about how to put it in something nicer, please let me know.
Anyway, that's all from this unemployed girl. Still don't know about this choir thing. Middle school kids will eat you alive if you don't know what you're talking about, and I don't. And with changing voices to contend with, I'm not totally sure what to do. Hmmm... we'll just have to think a little more on this one. If you have any advice, don't hesitate to call or im me!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home